CRUMBED BASIL CHICKEN
- 1 egg
- 140ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (60g) dried breadcrumbs
- 40g grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1kg skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg and cream and beat together well. In a separate medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dip each piece into the egg wash and then coat liberally in the breadcrumb mixture. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes per side, or until both sides are golden brown and crusty. Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with alfoil.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes, or browned and chicken juices run clear.