GARLIC CLOVE CHICKEN
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 20g butter
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 12 French shallots, peeled
- 40 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or vermouth
- toasted sliced baguette, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Heat oil and butter in a large shallow ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until browned and caramelised. Add half the garlic to dish.
- Arrange chicken on top of shallots and garlic. Add remaining garlic, some thyme (reserving some to garnish) and wine or vermouth.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 11/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender. Garnish with reserved thyme and serve with baguette.
- Tip: Slow-cooked garlic is creamy and less pungent.